Heigold Pecan Pralines - Chef Jennifer Booker
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons salted cold butter, cut into chunks
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-ounce Rabbit Hole Distillery Bourbon
- Combine the sugars, cream, cream of tartar and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Whisk over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, scrapping the crystals from the sides of the pan with a rubber spatula.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture reaches the softball stage which is 234*F-240*F on a candy thermometer stirring occasionally.
- Add the pecans and cook, stirring constantly with the rubber spatula for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and vigorously beat in the vanilla and Heigold Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey until the mixture looks creamy around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- Using a soup spoon or small scoop, drop the candy mixture into 2-inch rounds on waxed or parchment paper. If mixture starts to stiffen up, place over very low heat and stir until warm and pliable.
- Once the pralines have cooled, remove from the parchment paper and Enjoy!