Harvest Apple Gin-ger Cocktail
Rabbit Hole Distillery
Something about the botanicals in gin really works here, and Bespoke Gin is a perfect fit. It is finished in rye whiskey barrels. This finishing process mellows out the gin and adds a little bit of sweetness that is just right for this cocktail.
- 32 oz apple cider
- 18 oz Fever Tree Refreshingly Light Ginger Beer
- 15 oz Rabbit Hole Bespoke Gin (see notes)
- 5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz thyme and cinnamon infused simple syrup (recipe in notes)
- 1 small blood orange, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks (plus more for simple syrup)
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme, for serving (plus more for simple syrup)
- Add all ingredients except gin and thyme to a tall pitcher. Refrigerate overnight to help develop the best flavor.
- Before serving, add gin and stir well. Serve over ice, garnished with fresh thyme sprigs, cinnamon sticks, and apple and blood orange slices.
Thyme and cinnamon infused simple syrup: Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water to a small pot. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add 2 cinnamon sticks and 2-3 thyme sprigs. Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes, then set aside to cool.