Old Fashioned Paloma
Rabbit Hole Distillery
The Paloma is a classic highball cocktail made with fresh citrus like grapefruit, usually tequila, and some form of soda. An Old Fashioned Paloma blends the core features of an Old Fashioned cocktail and a classic Paloma cocktail. Tequila is swapped out for bourbon, soda is swapped for sparkling water, and throw in some mixology magic - voila! The amazing and refreshing Old Fashioned Paloma.
2.5 oz premium bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 oz simple syrup (Bonus recipe in notes below)
Lemon and/or lime wedge
2 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1 16 oz bottle unflavored sparkling water (not seltzer water)
1 sprig of fresh mint
Retrieve simple syrup from fridge
Next, add Heigold bourbon and bitters to your ice-filled glass.
Now add 2 ounces of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and 1/2 ounce simple syrup.
Top with chilled sparkling water and stir gently.
Garnish with grapefruit slice, squeeze in juice from lemon and/or lime wedge and add a sprig of fresh mint.
- 1/2 cup pure (organic) cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of spring water, or Kentucky limestone filtered water
SIMPLE SYRUP DIRECTIONS
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water on medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved
- Continue heating just until sugar mixture starts to simmer/boil
- Immediately remove from heat source, and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, transfer to mason jar and place in fridge.