Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel Bourbon Syrup
Rabbit Hole Distillery
A grownup twist on a childhood favorite! Who doesn't love chocolate? What about bourbon? How about putting them together? Our chocolate chip bourbon cookies with salted caramel bourbon on top recipe is the perfect treat for any occasion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tbsp Rabbithole bourbon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted Rabbithole bourbon caramel
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set flour mixture to side Cream together the butter and sugars for about 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is lighter in color and fluffy in texture
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add in the egg, then vanilla extract & heavy cream.
Continuing with mixer on low speed, pour in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Once the dough comes together, add in chocolate chips.
- Use ice cream scoop to create each cookie dough ball. Freeze them for at least 30 minutes before baking.
To bake, preheat oven to 350F degrees. 18-22 mins or until edges are golden-brown. Drizzle with salted bourbon caramel!
For Salted Bourbon Caramel
In heavy saucepan, on low-medium heat, stir 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup corn syrup.
- Continuously stir until light-caramel color, remove from stove, and add in softened 8 tbps unsalted butter.
- Stir until combined and add in 1/2 cup heavy cream (at room temp).
Add 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tbsp Rabbithole bourbon. Allow it to cool before using.