Rabbit Hole Distillery
The French 75 is named after the fully automatic 75 millimeter machine gun used by the French during World War One. This refreshing cocktail, made with Bespoke gin, fresh squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup and French Champagne shares no hardened battle stories as the weapon it was named for.
1.5 ounces of Bespoke gin
3 ounces French Champagne
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lemon wedge or twist (garnish)
1/2 ounce of simple syrup (bonus recipe in notes below)
- 1/2 cup pure (organic) cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of spring water, or Kentucky limestone filtered water
SIMPLE SYRUP DIRECTIONS
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water on medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved
- Continue heating just until sugar mixture starts to simmer/boil
- Immediately remove from heat source, and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, transfer to mason jar and place in fridge.